Every month a summary of donations received and expenses in connection with the classes is sent by email to all the donors and the RWA. Am placing the comments that have been placed along with account statement for the month of Aug 07. These would (hopefully) give you an idea of the actual state of affairs on the ground.
- Shortage of space resulted in over crowding.
- To reduce crowding Classes are now being conducted in flat 1263 also
- Have included the names of new children in the attendance roll
- Total number of children has gone up to 65 +.Mr. Nareshwar Prasad has taken up coaching of children in 1263 from 4: PM to 5:30 PM. (Hats off to Mr. Prasad. How he manages 30 odd children all by himself, I do not know, something I would love to emulate)
- Independence day celebrated with painting, songs and dances. Over 60 children attended it. RWA members and well-wishers
- Have included the names of new children in the attendance roll.Program on Road Safety: conducted on 25 Aug by Traffic Police Personnel
- Stationary and nourishment to 7 children in Nehru Place class also.
06 Sept 07
PS:Rahul Dewan in his inimitable way has managed to get hold of a teacher to start a class in Nehru Place for under privileged children. I have been going there once a week or so.
A week back the teacher spoke to me and said that the number of children is now nearly 25.
I have told Mishra ji, (the teacher) that I shall be visiting the class next week.
06 Sept 07